Head of Growth
Our client is challenging the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Their mission is simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS
Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS
True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS
From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY
Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL
We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
We are a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, WayFair, McKinsey, etc.
Since our launch, we have driven exponential growth - we're on track to do 20x the volume of July 2020 having doubled every month since then with a 25 million run rate in 2020 and 100 million run rate forecasted in 2021.
The Head of Growth is a true builder at heart, and will report directly to the CEO & Co-Founder. We are looking for a Head of Growth to lead the overall programmatic marketing channel strategy and tactics resulting in rapid, profitable growth and Brand health.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology, data science and marketing insights into best-in-class marketing outcomes. The ideal candidate is one who adopts and implements data wherever possible. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of our customers.
This role is a critical and strategic role and instrumental to the Company’s success. This leader will work cross-functionally throughout the organization to inspire and rapidly build a winning business.
- Performance Driver.
- Thought Leader.
- Business Owner.
- Collaborator; Bridge Builder; Low Ego.
- Agile; Appreciation for The Process but not led by The Process.
- Entrepreneur; Comfortable operating “at 5 feet and 5,000 feet.”
- Problem Solver; Self-Starter; Optimist; Figure it Out.
- Extremely empirical in thought process.
- Build and refine an automated, systematic, data-driven approach to the company's programmatic channels resulting in higher customer LTV and better ROAS.
- Work closely with data science and engineering to build this approach while also building a framework for rapid experimentation, learning and continuous improvement.
- Explore and succeed at a broad range of programmatic channels; diversify spend across multiple channels.
- Create and maintain all acquisition KPIs.
- Partner with channel partners to optimize marketing performance within each programmatic channel.
- Build a world class growth team for short term and long term success.
YEAR-ONE PERFORMANCE DELIVERABLES
- Develop programmatic system to drive superior marketing outcomes.
- Build an extensive test and learn framework both on the systems side and creative side.
- Generate $50 MM in sales in 2021, $200 MM in 2022; Break-even on first purchase while rapid growth; Drive 50%+ customer repeat.
- Recruit and hire a high caliber team and set of partners.
- B.A / B.Sc degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer science) preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in programmatic marketing, online marketing channels, tools and measurements.
- Growth obsessed.
- Experience querying data warehouses (SQL), analyzing data, and arriving at insights using quantitative techniques.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with a focus on execution, problem solving, improving processes and brand enhancement.
- Continuous learner and highly curious; always open to considering new perspectives; pro-active when changing course and facing added challenges.
- Performance driven and performance motivated - gets results and likes being in a culture that values performance.
Beautiful downtown San Francisco (eventually, remote for now)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.