RockIt Ignite Your Engine! Workshops
In this series of eight workshops, for only $399.99, you will learn how to discover your strengths and what you can do with them professionally to land your dream job and be happy in your work for a very long time.
For the “do-it-yourselfers,” our motivating Ignite Your Engine! Workshop package is designed to help you with each phase of your job search from resume building to landing the perfect job that aligns with your goals and strengths.
Career Workshop Topics
Rock Your Strengths!
Have you found yourself in the unenviable position of being in a job that doesn’t match your strengths, personality, or values? Are you unemployed and not sure where to turn? This workshop will help lay the groundwork for landing your ideal job and finding joy in your career.
In this workshop you'll learn how to:
- Dig deep to discover your strengths.
- Figure out what you want from your career and life.
- Start mapping your route to get to where you ultimately want to be in your career.
Boost Your Search Strategy!
They say finding a job is a full-time job. Boy, were they right! You need to use every hour wisely to be as productive and impactful as possible. It’s no longer enough to submit your application on a company's website. That’s a black hole. It’s time to find a better strategy!
This workshop will teach you how to research your ideal career field, industry, and the company you are targeting in the following ways:
- How to research jobs that match your strengths and skill set.
- Learn which industries you might want to work in that have the best opportunities.
- How to investigate companies you are targeting in your job search.
- How to have an effective informational interview with people in your network.
- How to define your career objective.
- How to conduct a productive job search.
Fire Up Your Resume and Cover Letter!
Keep your resume at the top of the pile! Your cover letter and resume combined is a potential employer's first impression of you. It should stand out and sell you and remain at the top of the resume stack.
In this workshop, you'll learn how to market yourself more effectively with a well-written cover letter and resume in ways you never would've thought about before.
- Turn your resume from a wordy job application into a marketing tool.
- Utilize a professional summary to excite the employer into reading the rest of your resume.
- Write about your professional employment, education, and training so that your strengths and skillset clearly show your competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate that you are the best person for a job.
- Use your cover letter to tell your story and outline your unique value.
Launch Into Your Elevator Pitch!
Building a personal branding message is a must. Who are you? Why should I hire you? These are questions you need to answer quickly and with authenticity. Your elevator pitch and resume, followed by the interview, all need to portray a consistent personal brand. Show people what makes you different from everyone else.
In this workshop, you'll learn how to create and deliver a powerful elevator pitch that's clean and crisp for when you are networking and interviewing. You'll learn:
- What to include in an elevator pitch.
- Techniques to prepare your elevator pitch.
- How to deliver your elevator pitch to get others excited about you.
Accelerate Your Interviewing Skills!
Ace your next interview! Being interviewed is a stressful experience. Rather than showing how nervous you are, you want to shine! To do that, you need practice and preparation.
Learn how to research and prepare for an interview so that you're ready for any question that comes your way and you're able to sell yourself better to your next employer. In this workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Shake off your interview fears.
- Best prepare for the interview.
- Handle the variety of interview formats and styles.
- Deal with difficult or tricky questions.
- Influence the interview to your advantage.
- Dress for success.
- Make a lasting impression.
Thrust Your Networking Into Warp Speed!
Did you know, 70% of jobs are filled through referrals and networking? In fact, many jobs are never advertised because someone was already informally identified and hired. You need to go beyond simply looking at online job boards to find future employment.
This workshop will help you identify with whom to network and how to network to make the biggest impact toward securing your next job or starting your new career. From personal meetings to job fairs and social media to networking events, this workshop will also guide you on how to make your network work for you. Topics include:
- What professional networking actually consists of.
- How to find time to network.
- How to start and build your network.
- How to have a good conversation with a stranger.
- How to use your elevator pitch while networking.
- How to use persuasion techniques when you are networking.
- What to do at networking events so your time isn't wasted.
- How to follow-up with people in your network.
- How to use social media effectively.
Landing the Best Offer!
Have you ever accepted a job offer with hesitation – like you’re not getting what you deserve? That should never happen. In the world of business, everyone negotiating should come out feeling like a winner!
This workshop will help you understand your value and enhance your negotiation skills. We’ll also teach you how to review your total compensation package and weigh a job offer’s costs and benefits to determine if the offer is fair and commensurate with what you will provide an employer in return.
We will advise you on job-offer negotiation; learn what to ask for, how to ask for it, and get it! Learn these invaluable tips:
- Why what you have always believed about job offer negotiation isn't true.
- Why you should always negotiate, even when you're happy with an offer.
- How to overcome your fears about negotiating.
- The basics of how to negotiate your next job offer.
- How to plan and prepare for your next negotiation.
- Keys to making your next job offer negotiation successful.
Igniting Your Career to Infinity and Beyond!
After you've been hired for a great job, the inevitable question that enters your mind is "now what?" How do you keep succeeding? How do you continue moving forward?
At RockIt Career Consultation Services, we want to not only help you get the job you're after; we also want to help you have a successful career beyond where you are today. We will teach you everything we had to learn the hard way (through trial and error). We don't want you to make the same mistakes we've made when we know there's a better way.
Your next job is the next step in your career. We will prime your engine for the next 90 days of your new job and beyond. In this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to define success on your own terms.
- What could be holding you back.
- How to create a system to succeed, even when you're failing.
- How to understand and navigate your work environment.
- How to work with impact.
- When to move up and when to move on.
- How to keep your eyes on the horizon for new opportunities.
Every Minute You Wait ...
Our mission is to help you discover your true strengths and use those strengths in a rewarding and exciting career sooner rather than later. We are passionate about helping you fulfill your dreams, affordably and swiftly. Every minute you wait to get started finding the right job or career is a minute you could be earning big money and feeling fulfilled.
Act now! We start out with a free one-to-one consultation or Start Your Engine! Seminar to see how we can best help you, then go from there. Sign up today and let's launch your career to infinity and beyond! 636-778-2419
Free Initial Consultation
In this initial individual career consultation, we'll get to know you, go over your resume, learn about your goals, and give you hope! Say goodbye pitiful me and say hello rock star!
We're so sure you'll love how we can ignite your career, you'll come back to learn how to effectively market yourself and be on your way to launching your career and living your dreams in no time! What are you waiting for? Sign up today!